Most elevators are built to provide about 20 years of service, as long as service intervals specified and periodic maintenance/inspections by the manufacturer are followed. As the elevator ages and equipment become increasingly difficult to find or replace, along with code changes and deteriorating ride performance, a complete overhaul of the elevator may be suggested to the building owners.
More About Information for Lift Modernisation
- A typical modernization consists of controller equipment, electrical wiring and buttons, position indicators and direction arrows, hoist machines and motors (including door operators), and sometimes door hanger tracks. Rarely are car slings, rails, or other heavy structures changed. The cost of an elevator modernization can range greatly depending on which type of equipment is to be installed.
- Modernization can greatly improve operational reliability by replacing mechanical relays and contacts with solid-state electronics. Ride quality can be improved by replacing motor-generator-based drive designs with Variable-Voltage, Variable Frequency (V3F) drives, providing near-seamless acceleration and deceleration. Passenger safety is also improved by updating systems and equipment to conform to current codes.
- Why? - Modernization makes an old regular elevator to look & work more safely & efficiently with enriched look & feel with new features. Passengers can experience a whole new comfort in rides.
- When? - it depends on various factors & conditions like nasty sounds coming while running of the old elevator, speed is getting lethargic or jerks coming on regular intervals & foremost important that its now looking too old & bad in looks.
- How? - We will redesign your old cabins, integrate or upgrade new technologies, replacing your old parts with the new one completely. New controllers, door drive, cabin interiors, landing doors, ceiling, machine, can be changed depends on the current conditions and requirements of the client.
Benefits : Energy efficient, safety, reliability while travelling, value enhancement of the property, riding comfort, Enriched look & feel.